TART-MASTER: TARTS – TURNOVERS – RAVIOLI – FRIED PIES – FILLED COOKIES
With a little imagination and these 1-step pastry makers, you can create dozens of exciting new taste treats… from out-of-the -ordinary pasta entrees to hors d’oeuvres, to fruit filled fancies.
Just place any seasoning, savory cheese, succulent fruit or jam, velvety custard, even crisp vegetables between two layers of dough or bread, and press the pastry maker over the top. It cuts, seals and adds an attractively crimped edge. Then toast, bake or deep-fry, depending on the filling. Make Cornish pasties, Italian calzones, Spanish empanadas, pierogi, and so much more.
QUICK & EASY PASTRY
1 stick unsalted butter or margarine (room temperature)
4 oz. cream cheese (at room temperature)
1½ c. unbleached flour
½ tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. cider vinegar
2 tbls. very cold water or milk
1 lg. egg beaten w/2 tbls. of water (glaze)
1. Using a fork, combine the butter or margarine and cream cheese.
2. Sift the flour over this mixture. Add the baking powder, vinegar, and water or milk and combine with fork.
3. With generously floured hands, work the dough until you have a smooth, resilient ball, 3-4 minutes. At first the dough will stick to your fingers, but keep working the flour into the other Ingredients until the dough suddenly holds together.
4. Lightly flour pastry cloth or bread board and rolling pin.
5. Roll out prepared dough in a 14 x 17″ rectangle and pie pastry in a 12″ square, then cut dough in half.
6. Brush one half of dough with egg wash before filling or, if preferred, fill and brush around the filling. Egg wash prevents the seal from opening during baking.
7. Place filling by tablespoon in nicely spaced rows approximately 2″ apart on egg washed dough, then cover with the remaining half of dough.
8. Dip Tartmaster in flour to prevent the pastry from sticking to the gadget. Place the Tartmaster of your choice over each mound of illing and press out shape.
9. Repeat steps 4 to 8 for any remaining dough.
10. Brush tart with egg wash. Bake at 400°F for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS FOR QUICK PASTRY & COMBINE THE FOLLOWING INGREDIENTS FOR DIFFERENT FILLINGS.
SPINACH CHEESE PUFFS
1 12-oz. pkg. frozen spinach souffle
1 c. shredded Swiss cheese
Cook spinach according the package directions.
Spoon onto dough, about 2″ apart.
Top with shredded cheese.
Cover with second layer of pastry.
Cut and seal.
MUSHROOM & RED PEPPER CALZONE
Saute 16 oz thinly sliced mushrooms in 2 tbls. of olive oil until soft.
Add 1 lg. red, chopped, sweet pepper.
½ c. chopped onions, ½ tsp. oregano, 1 tsp. parsley, 1 tbls. fresh chopped basil, salt and pepper to taste.
Cook until pepper and onions are soft.
Turn up heat to remove excess liquid.
Roll out pastry and fill.
ESCALLOPED APPLE TARTS
1 12-oz. pkg. Escalloped Apples (frozen).
Cook apples according to package directions.
Allow to cool.
Roll out pastry, brush with egg wash.
Spoon out 1 tbls. of filling for each tart.
Cover with second layer of pastry, cut and seal.
Brush with egg wash and bake at 400°F for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CLEANING THE TARTMASTER
Note: Keeping the Tartmaster well-floured during use will reduce sticking and make clean-up a snap.
We recommend that after each use, you simply wipe the Tartmaster clean, spray lightly with cooking oil, and store in a plastic bag.
If the Tartmaster needs a more thorough cleaning, disassemble and wash in warm soapy water if necessary.
Do not wash in a dishwasher.
Completely dry before reassembling.
By taking these steps, you will prevent rust from forming and can enjoy your Tartmaster for many years.
Unscrew knob. Remove know and hold cover in one hand. Place fingers of other hand inside die, exerting even pressure to sides and pull out.
Knob with spring attached may be placed inside cover during shipping to prevent damage. Simply remove and screw on.
We recommend that you simply wipe the Tartmaster clean after each use, spray lightly with cooking oil, and store in a plastic bag.
If it needs a more thorough cleaning, first disassemble by unscrewing the knob from the die, and gently removing the die from the cover.
The Tartmaster can then be washed in warm soapy water, if necessary (but never in a dishwasher). Rinse thoroughly.
Completely dry immediately after washing and before reassembling.
Then spray lightly with cooking oil, and store in a plastic bag.
Tartmaster Filled Pastry and Cookie Cutters
Recipes and Images from Product Brochure
© KITCHEN SUPPLY COMPANY
7540 W. Roosevelt Road
Forest Park, IL 60130
Manufacturer and Distributor to the Wholesale Trade