La Gratella Brustolina Graticola Tostapane
Graticola Tosta Pane e Polenta – Bread and Polenta Toasting Grill
It is used for more than just bread and polenta – on your stove-top, the brustolina diffuses heat evenly and not only quickly heats and toasts slices of bread and polenta, it crisps bread for bruschetta, roasts peppers, eggplant, and other veggies, it warms rolls, pizza slices, and much more.
Brustolina, tostapane, and graticola are common names for this grill that is a staple in kitchens throughout Italy. This Venetian word brustolina is a derivative of brustolar, meaning to toast or roast, and typically refers to toasted pumpkin seeds. Tostapane is the Italian word for a bread toaster, and graticola is the word for a grill or grate.
We import La Gratella™ directly from Italy, where it is made.
• Use the brustolina over any kind of stove-top, and over an open fire.
• Cover the grill with foil when roasting peppers, eggplant, and other foods that might get under the grid.
• Adjust your heat source to warm or cook.
♦ Simply place over your stove with the grill side up
♦ Place slices food on the grill
♦ Monitor the underside of the food for desired doneness
♦ Turn over the food to toast or heat the other side
• Use a potholder for handling the brustolina when hot.
• Place the toasted food under cover to keep warm before serving.
• When you’re done, let the brustolina cool, then just turn it upside down to shake out breadcrumbs. You can use a dry stiff brush for any remaining crumbs. The grid is not removable.
• Use it as recommended, and you will never need to wash the brustolina. Keep it on your stove and use it often!
Interesting articles that we think you will enjoy, on how Italians use the Graticola Tostapane:
#612681 – Brustolina
La Gratella™ Graticola Tostapane Stainless Steel Stovetop Toaster
10″ square with a 4″ long retractable steel wire handle
18/10 stainless steel wire mesh, stainless steel body and handle
Brustolina with handle extended
Detail of brustolina grill
Heat-diffusing underside with handle in storage mode